Thursday, September 11, 2008

So, I don't have any pictures to share this week. Somehow, the charger for the camera was MIA, but after asking the boys over and over if any of them had seen it Landon finally confessed to seeing it in his room in the closet on the floor. Wonder how it got there? ( It is amazing how if you tell my kids you have a treat for whoever can find something, someone always speaks up). So I will try to get some pics on here soon. Not much has been going on. We went down to Utah this past weekend for the Utah Football game Carson ended up getting sick, so Joe and I went to the game while my Mom watched the kids. The weather was perfect, and we had a great time. Sunday we were gearing up to drive home, and Joe said that he was starting to not feel well, so the kids and I ate dinner with my parents and decided we better get Joe home before it got to late. (Man there goes my nap I was planning on taking the whole ride home:) Then on Monday I woke up, and was not feeling well, Tuesday I called my Mom and she was home very sick, (sorry Mom!!!!!) and as of Wednesday we are all back to feeling better, and hope we don't get sick again anytime soon.

Before I go I just wanted to share something that inspired me this week. I was watching the Today show and they were talking about this Husband and Wife, the Nielson's, who were in a plane crash. They both survived but both had burns all over there bodies. The Husband was only bunred about 30% of his body and was said to make a full recovery. The Wife was burned the worst, with it effecting 80% of her body and she is going to need a lot of surgeries ,on her long road to recovery. They have 4 small children, and the extended family has had to step up and take care of them while there parents recover form this awful tragedy. I was touched by this story, and it made me think about my own family, Joe, the kids, as well as our families in Utah and Florida, and that we never know what will happen from day to day. I can remember when I first met Joe's family. Joe's sister Mary always said "I love you" when ever she left or when saying goodbye on the phone. This is something that has stayed with me . I never feel right unless I say "I love you" to whoever I am about to say goodbye to. This is definitely a phrase I hope my kids catch on to. I feel so blessed to be married to such a wonderful man, and to have three of the most beautiful kids in the world. They are truly my life, I love being a Mom!!! I am also so grateful that I am so close to not only to my own family, but to Joe's as well. When we were deciding to move up to Idaho, we knew it was not that far away, but the thought of not seeing our families every weekend was a hard thought. We hope that each and everyone of them knows how much we love them and appreciate them. What would we do with out you guys! I know I have rambled on, but this is just how I was feeling today, and I wanted to share my thought. Take time to stop and tell someone you love them !

1 comments:

Ellen Short said...

Kim, I am so thankful that such a wonderful person and mother chose to marry my very special brother! We love you and appreciate you in our family!
Give those kids a big hug from us!