Wednesday, May 20, 2009

O.k. so I am not sure what the heck just happened the other night!! One minute it was as calm as could be outside. The kids were out riding their bikes, and the next minute, I saw this wall of dust coming straight for us. It suddenly got very dark outside, and we ran inside just in time. Within about 5 minutes the power had gone off and we heard this loud boom in the backyard. After the winds calmed down, we went outside and this is what we saw.......one of our 60ft pine trees had fallen right over! To this day I am not sure how it did not go through our house. If the wind had been blowing just a little bit more to the right, it would have been a direct hit! WOW We did lose our covered patio and Joe's poor little grill got demolished, but everyone was safe and we are counting our blessings today. Now, I knew moving up here that the winds literally never stop, but this was crazy! Thanks to all of our wonderful neighbors and friends for lending a hand in the clean up!!! I think it might be time to consider taking down all the trees in our back yard, that could possibly hit our house:) Just a thought










2 comments:

Jamie Bailey said...

Wow, that's crazy! I'm so sorry that happened. I'm glad you guys are okay. See, there is excitement in Burley every once in a while - you just have to wait for a tree to fall on your house!

Unknown said...

What was it??? Was it a tornado or something??? How crazy! I am glad you are all safe! Sorry I didn't respond to your facebook message about last weekend - I read it too late!:) Did you print them?